Saturday 13 April 2013

TT500 supercharged

Last night I was chatting with Artur about some crazy modifications in old Japanese bikes. He was telling me about supercharged Kawasaki and suddenly he asked me:
"Hay, maybe we can put some turbo in Yours SR500 ?!"
In first moment I thought his idea was a nonsense, but then he started to convinced me to this crazy concept. When I got home i made some research and look what I found:





Unbelievable how many things in this bike are stock:

Engine: 500cc, SOHC, 2 valve, Carrillo conrod, ported head, balanced crank, low compression Arias forged piston.
Capacity: 499cc.
Number of valves: 2.
Camshaft: Single Overhead.
Gearbox: 5 speed, Yamaha TT500.
Clutch: Standard Yamaha TT500
Carburetion: Modified Harley Davidson Road King carburettor.
Ignition: Yamaha TT500 Magneto, wiring loom from Ericsson Auto Electrical in Levin and Dyna Ignition Coil from Ashcroft Engineering in Palmerston North.
Exhaust: Cycleworks drag pipe, HPC coated.
Supercharger: Early model Toyota MR2 supercharger.
Supercharger Drive: By Belt Drive Services, Palmerston North.
Fuel: Petrol & Avgas mix.
Frame: Chrome moly tubing, built by "Gatch" & "Crash", at Bryant & Simpson Engineering, Levin. Frame powder coated sparkling silver by Williams Industries in Levin.
Front Forks: Original Yamaha TT500, internally modified, with minimal travel. Lower legs powder coated yellow
Rear End: Rigid.
Wheels: Original 21 inch, Yamaha TT500 front & 18 inch, Yamaha TT500 rear.
Brakes: Original Yamaha TT500, Drum Brakes.
Electrics & Ignition: Yamaha TT500 Magneto, wiring from Ericsson Auto Electrical in Levin and Dyna Ignition Coil from Ashcroft Engineering in Palmerston North.
Kill Switches & Hand Controls: From Levin Motorcycles & Buckets & Bits in Lower Hutt.
Drag Racing Tyres: Mitas Tyres of the Czech Republic, from LMS in Palmerston North.

I doubt that I put turbo to my SR in the near future - I just want to make this bike ready to everyday ride, but like Guns N' Roses singed "maybe, baby, someday..." :D

1 comment:

  1. Rzuc okiem na to:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s44_EFLTd80

    ReplyDelete